What do you need to get started?
- You will need the AS-Interface Toolkit for Rockwell Automation PLCs—it's a Zip file you can download from our website.
- This toolkit is intended to help a PLC programmer by providing ALL the necessary tools for integrating AS-Interface into a Rockwell Automation PLC.
Where can you find this toolkit?
The toolkit is posted under the software tab on the product pages for these three AS-Interface Gateways:
Which AS-Interface gateways are supported by the latest toolkit?
How do I know I have the correct contents of the latest toolkit?
- The new Toolkit includes EDS Files (v.1.5), which are easier to use during integration of an AS-Interface gateway into a Rockwell Automation PLC.
- Mapping options are reduced to three possibilities for each gateway, making it easier for PLC programmers to determine a suitable configuration for their applications.
What are the updated mapping options for each gateway to simplify the PLC integration?
ASI-1 Discrete Only
ASI-1 Discrete + Analog 31, 30, 29
ASI-1 Discrete + Analog 10-31
ASI-1+2 Discrete Only
ASI-1+2 Discrete + Analog 31, 30, 29
ASI-1+2 Discrete + Analog 10-31
ASI-1+2 Discrete + Safety
ASI-1+2 Discrete + Analog 31, 30, 29 + Safety
ASI-1+2 Discrete + Analog 10-31 + Safety
Which AS-Interface gateway is suitable for my application?
- 31 discrete nodes & 3 analog nodes
- 31 discrete nodes & 21 analog nodes
- 62 discrete nodes only
- 62 discrete nodes & 6 analog nodes
- 62 discrete nodes & 42 analog nodes
- 62 discrete nodes only + Safety
- 62 discrete nodes & 6 analog nodes + Safety
- 62 discrete nodes & 42 analog nodes + Safety
Is there a quick-start document that outlines the steps for Integrating AS-Interface gateways into Rockwell Automation PLCs?
Yes, a document describing step-by-step how to integrate AS-Interface gateways into Rockwell Automation PLCs is included in the toolkit files.
Is there a “cheat sheet” that summarizes the mapping descriptions?
- Yes, the document '-EV Gateway PLC Mapping Tables' describes each mapping description in detail.
- The document is included in the toolkit in the EDS Files_rev1.5 folder.
- The AS-Interface toolkit also includes nine Excel files that can be imported into RSLogix5000 software so that the controller tags are defined with AS-Interface descriptions.
What if I still need additional diagnostics on AS-Interface in RSLogix5000?
- A 'Get_Diagnostics_Advanced Add On Instruction' is available. It can be imported into RSLogix5000 and reads diagnostics including slave lists, all network diagnostic lists, error counters, duplicate address lists, and fault detection.
- The document 'AS-Interface Add-On Instruction for RSLogix 5000' is available in the Add On instruction folder to assist in working with this instruction.