Hygienic Ultrasonic Sensors for the Food Industry
The food and beverage industry imposes extremely strict regulations on the design of machines and their components. According to EHEDG hygienic design principles, machines and their components must be:
- Easy to clean, regardless of cleaning method
- Designed to limit access and growth of microorganisms and pests.
- Resistant to contamination from particulate matter and chemicals
- Constructed using the appropriate material (corrosion-resistant, non-porous, non-toxic, etc.)
- Installed appropriately
The UMB800 and UMC3000 ultrasonic sensors from Pepperl+Fuchs are EHEDG and ECOLAB certified and were specifically designed to meet the globally applicable EHEDG and ECOLAB standards and directives for hygienic design and easy cleaning in the food and beverage industry.
Made out of stainless steel, the UMB800 and UMC3000 ultrasonic sensor heads and parts are laser-welded and hermetically sealed to protect against the effects of vapor and liquids. The gapless design is immune to high-pressure washdowns and steam cleaning; no microbacterial contamination is left behind. The noncontact ultrasonic measurement principle is also unaffected by environmental influences and contamination.
The MH-30H-01-FA or the MH-18H-01-FA mounting bracket (Figure 2) is also included with our hygienic ultrasonic sensors. This mounting bracket is in accordance with EHEDG and allows for easy, convenient, and tool-free mounting of the sensor in sheet metal.
Key features include:
- Degree of protection IP68 / IP69K
- All stainless steel AISI 316L (1.4404)
- Quick and efficient cleaning
- Mounting bracket included
- Programmable via DTM with PACTware
- Temperature compensation