2018 is yet another award-winning year for ecom, a Pepperl+Fuchs brand and manufacturer of mobile devices for intrinsic safety. The Weltmarktführer (WMF) Index has named ecom a World Market Leader Champion this year for its global market performance in intrinsically safe cell phones and other explosion-proof devices.
The WMF Index is an ongoing research project developed by the University of St. Gallen and the Academy of German World Market Leaders. Designed to objectively and transparently assess market leadership, the project maintains a publicly accessible database of around 1,300 potential market leaders from Germany, Austria, and Switzerland. Each year, leaders are selected based on the following criteria:
- Managed and based at least 50% in the DACH area (Germany, Austria, Switzerland)
- Global market: operations on at least 3 out of 6 continents with company-owned production and/or distribution or export activity
- Annual revenue in the millions: at least $57.6 million
- Market leader: No. 1 or No. 2 in the relevant global market segment
- Export/international share of sales must make up at least 50% of revenue
ecom won the WFM Index World Market Leader Champion title for its performance in the intrinsically safe mobile device industry in both 2017 and 2010.
Learn more about ecom’s accomplishments.